The 2021 Noakes Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race, the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia’s annual 384-nautical-mile challenge, has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CYCA Board has determined it will not be possible to conduct the already-postponed 2021 Noakes Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race this year.
This decision was based on the current NSW stay-at-home orders until the end of September, the current restriction on community sport and the likelihood that the Queensland border may be closed for some time.
The Club thanks Race Sponsor Noakes Group for its ongoing support, as well as Members and competitors for their patience and support over this unprecedented period.
The CYCA hopes to be able to provide as much racing as possible in 2021, within the health guidelines when racing is permitted.
The Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore (BWPS) has been rescheduled in order to give us the ability to provide as much racing as possible and allow for adequate boat and crew preparation in the lead up to the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race in December. The revised dates for the Audi Centre Sydney BWPS are as follows:
- 14 October – Audi Centre Sydney BWPS Briefing (Online)
- 16 October – Race 1: Flinders Islet Race
- 29 October – Race 2: Tollgate Islands Race
- 5 November – Reserve Date
- 13 November – Race 3: Bird Island Race
- 20 November – Reserve Date
- 3 December – Race 4: Cabbage Tree Island Race
- 26 December – Race 5: Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race