Yesterday’s announcement by the NSW Government of an extended COVID-19 lockdown in Greater Sydney until Friday 30 July has now confirmed the need for the changes to our racing calendar foreshadowed in Monday’s communications.
The CYCA will postpone the Noakes Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race scheduled to start on Saturday 31 July 2021.
The Club is considering postponing the Race to Friday 15 October 2021 to replace the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore Tollgate Islands Race, which may also be rescheduled to another date.
Should prevailing Health Orders and conditions allow, we are also looking at the possibility of running a Category 2 race within NSW in late August. We are mindful that some of our entrants may be still considering options if access to Queensland becomes available for the Queensland Regattas held in August. If these events are available to our NSW entrants, the CYCA will endeavour to avoid conflict with these regattas. However, if the Queensland border is closed, which would seem likely, and the health orders allow us to, then a race within NSW waters may be scheduled. The Club will communicate with Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore entrants at least two weeks prior to scheduling an August Cat 2 race.
We thank all competitors for their patience and understanding regarding this decision and appreciate that it will impact on their planning and logistical arrangements.